• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help Me Spend $50

birder53

I received a $50 gift certificate for wine.com. :smile: I usually pick wines by taking my time in a wine shop and speaking with the, hopefully, knowledgeable people who work their. What would you buy? I like reisling, sauvignon blanc, usually wines to compliment spicy foods. I enjoy grenache, syrah and pinot noir for reds. I figured I'd buy one or two nice bottles of something out of my usual $15 and under price range. Any suggestions? Has anyone used this site before?

KathyM

In order to make specific Wine.com recommendations, we'd need to know what state you're in. The company has different inventories available to customers in different areas.

However, my recommendation would be to buy your wine locally and to spend your Wine.com credit on some nice accessories, like an Insta-Pull lever model corkscrew and a Vindel decanter.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

In order to make specific Wine.com recommendations, we'd need to know what state you're in. The company has different inventories available to customers in different areas.

However, my recommendation would be to buy your wine locally and to spend your Wine.com credit on some nice accessories, like an Insta-Pull lever model corkscrew and a Vindel decanter.

...... or a Wine Clip. :wink:

Mark

I'm in New Jersey. I'd prefer to buy the wine than the toys. It appears that someone over 21 has to sign for the delivery whether I purchase wine or non-alcoholic items. I'd rather get wine for my trouble! :wink: But I guess I should see if they have that wine clip first....

KathyM

I'm in New Jersey. I'd prefer to buy the wine than the toys. It appears that someone over 21 has to sign for the delivery whether I purchase wine or non-alcoholic items. I'd rather get wine for my trouble! :wink: But I guess I should see if they have that wine clip first....

As you are in NJ, they made not be able to ship wine to you.

Make sure you check on the legailities. I am sure they have some nice paraphenalia for a wine lover to play with.

I have never met a miserly wine lover