• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

naguere

naguere

for elegance.

On 11/24/2007 at 5:04 PM, pennylane said:

Well, it's that time of year yet again and if there are any other chestnut lovers out there, I'd like to know if it seems normal for me to pay €3.5 (about $5) for 18 chestnuts, and then half of them are either wormy or mouldy? And this happens every time, no matter where I get them. So does this happen to everyone or is it just me?!

pennylane (2007), i bought mine from M&S , not looking at the price, they were glossy and a reasonable size, i have six left :)

naguere

naguere

On 11/24/2007 at 5:04 PM, pennylane said:

Well, it's that time of year yet again and if there are any other chestnut lovers out there, I'd like to know if it seems normal for me to pay €3.5 (about $5) for 18 chestnuts, and then half of them are either wormy or mouldy? And this happens every time, no matter where I get them. So does this happen to everyone or is it just me?!

pennylane (2007), i bought mine from M&S , not looking at the price, they were glossy and a reasonable size, i have six left :)