• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris in September

PaulaJK

Hi,

I suggest you to go to the restaurant le Totem, it's a really nice place just in front of the eiffel tower.

There is a huge terrasse with one of the greatest view of Paris.

If you are interesting I can book a table for you.

Let me know

www.letotem.fr

swingers@noos.fr

Welcome to the France forum. May I ask if you're connected with le Totem? Can you tell us more about it and particularly about the food.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

Je pense qu'il a l'air "connected", Bux!

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Just for the heck of it, I'll throw this into the mix--La Galoche d'Aurillac, 41, rue de Lappe, Paris 11. An Auvergne treasure that I never miss visiting when in Paris. :smile:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

If you are interested in visiting a half-century-old bistro which was a favourite of Waverley Root, Orson Welles and Francois Mitterand, and which is likely to disappear next month, try Bistro 121, whose obituary I wrote here: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?act=ST...T&f=10&t=25775&

John Whiting, London

Whitings Writings

Top Google/MSN hit for Paris Bistros