• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Englishman in NJ

Rachel Perlow

We're bringing eGullet's UK Affiliate, Andy Lynes, to China 46 tonight.

If you would like to join us, please let us know here. We don't need reservations and you can also just show up, but to avoid having to change tables if extra people show up, it would be helpful to RSVP.

Right now we're planning on 7 PM. But if it would be easier for some (tommy) we could go a little later.

I promise not to order anything weird.

If there is interest, among any of the Manhattanites, in sampling New Jersey's finest Shanghainese fare (and perhaps the best in the NY Metro area), I might be willing to provide transportation in the Fatmobile. I would need to hear back via PM by around 3-4pm in order to make that decision.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I disappointed to hear that here. One would expect such a food obsessed group to have adventurous tastes, particularly when it's served family style so one may sample just a bite without the personal embarrassment of leaving it over. Order some weird stuff for our visitor.

Easy for me to say, I can't make it. :raz:

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

I disappointed to hear that here. One would expect such a food obsessed group to have adventurous tastes, particularly when it's served family style so one may sample just a bite without the personal embarrassment of leaving it over. Order some weird stuff for our visitor.

Easy for me to say, I can't make it. :raz:

I ordered some extra weird stuff last outing to China 46 and not all of it was appreciated.

We're off to go pick up Andy.

Edited by Rachel Perlow (log)

Newsflash from the Perlow/Lynes party.

Stuck in traffic. They request that people show up at 7:30pm now instead of 7:00pm.

Apparently no formal reservation was made, since we've no idea how many are coming, but the first of us in should tip off Cecil, the manager, to this--not that this is likely to be a big problem on a Thursday. But that way, he can at least try and keep us all on the same side of the room.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Sunday is Andy's last day in the states. We are planning on having Brunch at Cinco De Mayo in Bergenfield tomorrow. Really great Huevos Rancheros and Chilequiles. If you are interested in joining us, please post an RSVP here so we know how big a table to get. I'm thinking around 10:30 - 11 AM, since we're having a late dinner in NYC tonight.

Later on we're going to Robertos Restaurant in the Bronx for an early dinner (around 4 PM, when the restaurant opens, they don't take reservations, so you gotta get there when they open to not have to wait). If you'd like to come to that, please RSVP on the NY thread.

• 2 weeks later...
We're bringing eGullet's UK Affiliate, Andy Lynes, to China 46 tonight.  If you would like to join us, please let us know here.

How did I miss this!!!!! :sad:

JJ Goode

Co-author of Serious Barbecue, which is in stores now!

www.jjgoode.com

"For those of you following along, JJ is one of these hummingbird-metabolism types. He weighs something like eleven pounds but he can eat more than me and Jason put together..." -Fat Guy

simple. you don't read egullet every minute like some of us!

my damn computer is too slow to allow it....I assume there's no forum devoted to possible get togethers. Maybe there should be...for my sake

JJ Goode

Co-author of Serious Barbecue, which is in stores now!

www.jjgoode.com

"For those of you following along, JJ is one of these hummingbird-metabolism types. He weighs something like eleven pounds but he can eat more than me and Jason put together..." -Fat Guy

simple. you don't read egullet every minute like some of us!

my damn computer is too slow to allow it....I assume there's no forum devoted to possible get togethers. Maybe there should be...for my sake

It's BECAUSE my computer's so slow that I'm here all day. On a faster computer, I'm off faster.