• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

19 hours ago, lindag said:

You have the Breville Pro 16 cup and don't like it?

I just put one in my  cart!

@lindag, keep it.   I'm loving mine.  I just mixed up two 700g  batches of dough in 40 seconds each and I was at the end of a 

44lb bag of flour with just enough left for a 377g batch , all at 63%. Will still do a few stretch and folds before leaving for work.

I didn't think I would care about the digital timer.  Can't imagine setting a time to process.  But, I like the fact that it counts the seconds as

I'm processing the bread dough.  You don't want to go past 30 to 40 seconds or the dough heats up quickly.  

The Breville handled 700g of flour with ease, the machine didn't even shake, and also handled the smaller amount without issues.  

It is heavy.  But that is a good thing.  And it is easy to clean. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

19 hours ago, lindag said:

You have the Breville Pro 16 cup and don't like it?

I just put one in my  cart!

@Linda, keep it.   I'm loving mine.  I just mixed up two 700g  batches of dough in 40 seconds each and I was at the end of a 

44lb bag of flour with just enough left for a 377g batch , all at 63%. Will still do a few stretch and folds before leaving for work.

I didn't think I would care about the digital timer.  Can't imagine setting a time to process.  But, I like the fact that it counts the seconds as

I'm processing the bread dough.  You don't want to go past 30 to 40 seconds or the dough heats up quickly.  

The Breville handled 700g of flour with ease, the machine didn't even shake, and also handled the smaller amount without issues.  

It is heavy.  But that is a good thing.  And it is easy to clean.