• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Carne Asada

Goya is the largest latin american foods provider, period. Mexican or otherwise.

Absolutely right, Jason, I used to do work with them... and have used many, many of their products over the years - as a matter of fact, last time I was in NJ I stocked up at Extra...

All I was saying is that the "adobo" they have is more of a Latin thing - it does give good taste though... have you tried the one with cumin? Marinate chicken legs in this adobo and olive oil, then BBQ....

I've used it over the years for different things -- the traditional one with cumin makes a great spice rub for steaks and carne asada.

I'll get some tomorrow; assume I can get this at my great Mexican grocery store?

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Its pretty common... Goya is a huge name in spices. Its at virtually every bodega in existence.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host