• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

US boycott starts hurting French wines

Craig Camp

It seems that the article says that the merchants aren't buying the goods. Is it them or their customers (you guys in the US) who are driving this boycott.

Being in England we don't really ever boycott French goods as we have always disliked them :biggrin:

Been drinking Spanish wines in Spain, but the few French wines I've had since we've been back seem undamaged. Maybe it's because they were bought before the war. :laugh:

We're gpoing out to dinner at an American restaurant with a French couple tonight. Maybe I should have called the restaurant to see if they served the French wine. Hate to think our dinner companions won't be able to drink. I suppose I just don't get it. I've eaten in a number of restaurants that claimed they didn't serve crabs.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.