• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

missing word

I didn't mention my waffle maker here earlier because it only makes one at a time and that's not what was requested but I'm going to call it out anyway because it may be a good option for others. 

I recommend it particularly for someone who wants to try making waffles without making a big financial or space investment. 

It's the little Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). The price kind of jumps around.  I paid $21 about 5 years ago, it's now closer to $30, which is still less than most others.

It takes ~ 5 min to heat up and each waffle takes 1-2 min to cook so even though it only makes one at a time it can still crank out a batch fairly quickly. The waffles are round, in the thinner, classic style rather than Belgian and it doesn't have extra plates or anything like that.

It's a little thing and stored on its side, takes up about the same space as a cookbook. 

It feels really cheap.  The slider moves like it's not attached to anything, though it does actually work.  I've used it a fair bit and if it dies, I'd be inclined to just get another one rather than moving up to something that costs between 3 and 10X the price. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I didn't mention my waffle maker here earlier because it only makes one at a time and that's not what was requested but I'm going to call it out anyway because it may be a good option for others. 

I recommend it particularly for someone who wants to try making waffles without making a big financial or space investment. 

It's the little Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). The price kind of jumps around.  I paid $21 about 5 years ago, it's now closer to $30, which is still less than most others.

It takes ~ 5 min to heat up and each waffle takes 1-2 min to cook so even though it only makes one at a time it can still crank out a batch fairly quickly. The waffles are round, in the thinner, classic style rather than Belgian and it have extra plates or anything like that.

It's a little thing and stored on its side, takes up about the same space as a cookbook. 

It feels really cheap.  The slider moves like it's not attached to anything, though it does actually work.  I've used it a fair bit and if it dies, I'd be inclined to just get another one rather than moving up to something that costs between 3 and 10X the price.