• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Every once in a while, mom would put a piece of brisket in a covered skillet on the back of the stove just before we went to church in the morning and by suppertime we had my favorite Sunday dinner.  I have never been able to match the delicious flavor of that brisket.  I still try from time to time but still fall short. I tried one today in the slow cooker. It was good but not up to what mom made.  I had scalloped potatoes with them and carrots and turnips as well.  I needed one turnip a while back and the store only had a bag of small ones so these needed cooking and today was as good a time as any to use them.

IMG_1340.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Every once in a while, mom would put a piece of brisket in a covered skillet on the back of the stove just before we went to church in the morning and by suppertime we had my favorite Sunday dinner.  I have never been able to match the delicious flavor of that brisket.  I still try from time to time but still fall short. I tried on today in the slow cooker. It was good but not up to what mom made.  I had scalloped potatoes with them and carrots and turnips as well.  I needed one turnip a while back and the store only had a bag of small ones so these needed cooking and today was as good a time as any to use them.

IMG_1340.jpg