• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I was idly flipping through my phone and the delivery app. The opening page always features ads for restaurants or ingredient delivery outlets. I noticed my new address in one of them!

My address covers a large, gated residential community (about 800 apartments) and on the main street side a few commercial outlets. 

The ad I spotted was for a Sichuan restaurant. When I looked more closely, I realized it was a restaurant I often used last year when I was forced by my health to order in meals. And they had good food. It is two minutes walk from my apartment, in a corner I hadn't previously noticed.

mmexport1710336230701_edit_103719013071152.jpg.b4bd67bb104a19a08904c69a1ec0fa72.jpg

四川地摊火锅 (sì chuān dì tān huǒ guō), Sichuan Market Hotpot.

I don't know if this is a good thing when I've just gotten back into cooking after a year's break. But they will delivery just upstairs, too. They don't only do hotpot.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I was idly flipping through my phone and the delivery app. The opening page always features ads for restaurants or ingredient delivery outlets. I noticed my new address in one of them!

My address covers a large, gated residential community (about 800 apar I'mtments) and on the main street side a few commercial outlets. 

The ad I spotted was for a Sichuan restaurant. When I looked more closely, I realized it was a restaurant I often used last year when I was forced by my health to order in meals. And they had good food. It is two minutes walk from my apartment, in a corner I hadn't previously noticed.

mmexport1710336230701_edit_103719013071152.jpg.b4bd67bb104a19a08904c69a1ec0fa72.jpg

I don't know if this is a good thing when I've just gotten back into cooking after a year's break. But they will delivery just upstairs, too. They don't only do hotpot.

liuzhou

liuzhou

My address covers a large gated residential community (about 800 aparrtments) and on the main street side a few commercial outlets.