• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

7 hours ago, Laurentius said:

Well?  Was the special edition Bialetti a hit?

Mixed review. I really like the results I get from the Bialetti.  The coffee is easy enough to prepare and I purchased a couple of pre-ground Lavazza blends. Actually, I bought one package

Crema.jpg.6633839478e93deb1794de90617aedfd.jpg

and the company sent me another at no cost. Maybe it was a special introductory offer <shrug> I essentially bought the machine for a quick hit in the afternoon, and the pre-ground is perfect for that. It also adds to the Italian espresso feeling which rounds out the experience.

However, I'd be more satisfied had I purchased the next larger size.  This one's a skosh small for my big hands, just a bit too dainty.

Shel_B

Shel_B

53 minutes ago, Laurentius said:

Well?  Was the special edition Bialetti a hit?

Mixed review. I really like the results I get from the Bialetti.  The coffee is easy enough to prepare and I purchased a couple of pre-ground Lavazza blends. Actually, I bought one package and the company sent me another at no cost. Maybe it was a special introductory offer <shrug> I essentially bought the machine for a quick hit in the afternoon, and the pre-ground is perfect for that. It also adds to the Italian espresso feeling which rounds out the experience.

However, I'd be more satisfied had I purchased the next larger size.  This one's a skosh small for my big hands, just a bit too dainty.