• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tralfaz

tralfaz

I'm a chocolate hobbyist letting my mind wander.  I want to add some texture to a whipped meltaway center.  I'll probably try it tomorrow but I'm wondering how it might work or if there are any pitfalls.  Maybe crushed spun sugar or praline powder.  Maybe crushed crêpes dentelle or cereal, maybe crushed nuts.    I may try to roll the centers in the crunchy things or go simple and just fold them into the centers.  I'm hand dipping.

Anyone ever try using inclusions in a couverture?

tralfaz

tralfaz

I'm a chocolate hobbyist letting my mind wander.  I want to add some texture to a whipped meltaway center.  I'll probably try it tomorrow but I'm wondering how it might work or if there are any pitfalls.  Maybe crushed spun sugar or praline powder.  Maybe crushed crêpes dentelle or cerea, maybe crushed nuts.    I may try to roll the centers in the crunchy things or go simple and just fold them into the centers.  I'm hand dipping.

tralfaz

tralfaz

I'm a chocolate hobbyist letting my mind wander.  I want to add some texture to a whipped meltaway center.  I'll probably try it tomorrow but I'm wondering how it might work or if there are any pitfalls.  Maybe crushed spun sugar or praline powder.  Maybe crushed crêpes dentelle or cerea, maybe crushed nutsl.    I may try to roll the centers in the crunchy things or go simple and just fold them into the centers.  I'm hand dipping.