• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

We have members in many parts of the world. I'd be interested in knowing what local specialties you have where you are. Not the country you live in, but more local than that. Maybe even just the city you live  in.

Earlier this week, Liuzhou, where I live in southern China, held a sort of interactive exhibition showcasing some of the city's specialties, especially snails which are loved here! Yes, snails are eaten in other parts of China, but Liuzhou has by far the most different ways of using them, the most famous being luosifen

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend but here are 9 photos from the event.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.dde2a7c4e40a81ccf4ecf1ca589ac5ca.jpg

Pig Foot with Snails

What's very local to you? The more out of the ordinary, the better!

liuzhou

liuzhou

We have members in many parts of the world. I'd be interested in knowing what local specialties you have where you are. Not the country you live in, but more local than that. Maybe even just the city you live  in.

Earlier this week, Liuzhou, where I live in southern China, held a sort of interactive exhibition showcasing some of the city's specialties, especially snails which are loved here! Yes, s nails areeaten in otherparts of China, but Liuzhou has by far the most different ways of using them, the most famous being luosifen

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend but here are 9 photos from the event.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.dde2a7c4e40a81ccf4ecf1ca589ac5ca.jpg

Pig Foot with Snails

What's very local to you? The more out of the ordinary, the better!