• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

Just curious, in your area what regulations do you need to comply with to sell online?

Issues that I would have are sales tax collection, approved labeling for my product, working in a licensed kitchen, etc.. 

Did you build your own website? How many flavors do you plan to have available? Are you supplying flavor guides? What sort of packaging are you using for your chocolates?

Interested in how this works in your area. I’m in Virginia and working under the cottage food laws of my county and Commonwealth. This limits me to in person sales but also means that I can work out of my home and don’t need extensive ingredient labelling. So far this works for me. If I want to expand, I’ll need to move beyond the cottage law rules and comply with additional regulations.

curls

curls

Just curious, in your area what regulations do you need to comply with to sell online?

Issues that I would have are sales tax collection, approved labeling for my product, working in a licensed kitchen, etc.. 

Did you build your own website? How many flavors do you plan to have available? Are you supplying flavor guides? What sort of packaging are you using for your chocolates?