• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

I have a backpack setup somewhat like yours for road trips.  When those happen (hopefully again not in the too distant future) I travel with my A4box appliance, which is easy and useful, but way more expensive than your hotplate/toaster et al.  I usually bring sous vide'd meats and vacuum packed sides from home (or convenience food sides from supermarkets) for the times eating out on the road is not desired.    I don't find it too terribly hard to cook on the road, if I planned it well.   The oven intrigues me, not gonna lie.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I have a backpack setup somewhat like yours for road trips.  When those happen (hopefully not in the too distant future) I travel with my A4box appliance, which is easy and useful, but way more expensive than your hotplate/toaster et al.  I usually bring sous vide'd meats and vacuum packed sides from home (or convenience food sides from supermarkets) for the times eating out on the road is not desired.    I don't find it too terribly hard to cook on the road, if I planned it well.   The oven intrigues me, not gonna lie.