• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Harking back to dairy, for a moment. Here's another example of that dairy produce that doesn't exist.

I recently found an online source for this.

O1CN011tp94DOrAzuclDB_!!1749705950.thumb.jpg.8cc7b8ba757715eb6b35a21953b3d577.jpg

bjb.jpg.fd35a706c8a8c001437292a38218ed5b.jpg

The Chinese reads 北京蓝 (běi jīng lán)*, which means Beijing Blue. Despite the name, it is made in Xinjiang, China's westernmost province, about as far as you can get from Beijing and still be in China.

According to the description listed, it is made from cow's (sheeps) milk! I'm betting on the sheep. The area is known for sheep and not for cattle.

I haven't ordered it yet. It takes days to get here and it is over 35℃ heading to 40℃. I will order when it cools down - if it ever does!

*This name is now proving problematic as Beijing blue is also the local slang  for Beijing's chronic pollution problem.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Harking back to dairy, for a moment. Here's another example of that dairy produce that doesn't exist.

O1CN011tp94DOrAzuclDB_!!1749705950.thumb.jpg.8cc7b8ba757715eb6b35a21953b3d577.jpg

bjb.jpg.fd35a706c8a8c001437292a38218ed5b.jpg

The Chinese reads 北京蓝 (běi jīng lán)*, which means Beijing Blue. Despite the name, it is made in Xinjiang, China's westernmost province, about as far as you can get from Beijing and still be in China.

According to the description listed, it ismadefro cow's (sheeps) milk! I'm betting on the sheep. The area is known for sheep and not for cattle.

I haven't ordered it yet. It takes days to get here and it is over 35℃. I will order when it cools down - if it ever does!

*This name is now proving problematic as Beijing blue is also the local slang  for Beijing's chronic pollution problem.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I haven't ordered it yet. It takes days to get here and it is over 35℃. I will order when it cools down - if it ever does!

liuzhou

liuzhou

The Chinese reads 北京蓝 (běi jīng lán), which means Beijing Blue. Despite the name, it is made in Xinjiang, China's westernmost province, about as far as you can get from Beijing and still be in China.