• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jim loellbach

jim loellbach

Perhaps adding some glucose syrup to the recipe would help by preventing crystalization of the sugar in the chocolate.  Greweling recommends between 10 and 40 percent glucose relative to the weight of cream.  I usually use 20-25%.  So for your recipe, you could use 1 to 1.25 oz of glucose syrup.  You can also use corn syrup instead of glucose syrup (essentially the same thing except for maybe a different water content or dextrose equivalent).

Add the glucose to the cream before heating it so it dissolves into the cream, then add to the chocolate as usual.

jim loellbach

jim loellbach

Perhaps adding some glucose syrup to the recipe would help by preventing crystalization of the sugar in the chocolate.  Greweling recommends between 10 and 40 percent glucose relative to the weight of cream.  I usually use 20-25%.  So for your recipe, you could use 1 to 1.25 oz of glucose syrup.  You can also use corn syrup instead of glucose syrup (essentially the same thing except for maybe a different water content or dextrose equivalent).

Add the cream to the glucose before heating it so it dissolves into the cream, then add to the chocolate as usual.

jim loellbach

jim loellbach