• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Can you give the price range for some other teas like tie guan yin please?

I will, but have to find out first. As I said, I'm not much of a tea drinker. Will get back to you!

How is tea viewed by the millennials? Are they interested in the traditional ceremony, or do they only care about modern fads?

From what an old man can gather about millennials, few are in the least interested in the traditional anything. Anywhere. Not only China. They are interested in the bubble tea and sweet vaguely tea-based soft drinks.

Is rose + lychee a common pairing in China, or is it just a recent flavor?

I've only ever come across it in the context I gave. Recent, yes.

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Can you give the price range for some other teas like tie guan yin please?

I will, but have to find out first. As I said, I'm not much of a tea drinker. Will get back to you!

10 minutes ago, teonzo said:

How is tea viewed by the millennials? Are they interested in the traditional ceremony, or do they only care about modern fads?

From what an old man can gather about millennials, few are in the least interested in the traditional anything. Anywhere. Not only China. They are interested in the bubble tea and swwet vaguely tea-based soft drinks.

12 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Is rose + lychee a common pairing in China, or is it just a recent flavor?

I've only ever come across it in the context I  gave. Recent, yes.