• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

The photos that J. Robie posted would be pretty close to my ideal.  I like simple(no intricate patterns or crevices), handles that aren't too small in width and thickness, forks with some curved edge on the outer tines, and spoons that aren't too shallow.

I looked through the Wayfair site, and here are some that caught my interest.  They range from fairly traditional to somewhat offbeat.  Not all them match up completely with my previously mentioned preferences,  but there was usually something about them that compensated for that.  It was hard for me to judge how shallow the spoons were.  Also don't know how they rate for quality.  I'd think satin finish might be better for a restaurant than a mirror finish due to fingerprints, but I really don't know if that's the case.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

The photos that J. Robie posted would be pretty close to my ideal.  I like simple(no intricate patterns or crevices), handles that aren't too small in width and thickness, forks with some curved edge on the outer tines, and spoons that aren't too shallow.

I looked through the Wayfair site and here are some that caught my interest.  They range from fairly traditional to somewhat offbeat.  Not all them match up completely with my previously mentioned preferences,  but there was usually something about them that compensated for that.  It was hard for me to judge how shallow the spoons were.  Also don't know how they rate for quality.  I'd think satin finish might be better for a restaurant than a mirror finish due to fingerprints, but I real,y don't know if that's the case.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Those that J. Robie posted would be pretty close to my ideal.  I like simple(no intricate patterns or crevices), handles that aren't too small in width and thickness, forks with some curved edge on the outer tines, and spoons that aren't too shallow.

I looked through the Wayfair site and here are some that caught my interest.  They range from fairly traditional to somewhat offbeat.  Not all them match up completely with my previously mentioned preferences,  but there was usually something about them that compensated for that.  It was hard for me to judge how shallow the spoons were.  Also don't know how they rate for quality.  I'd think satin finish might be better for a restaurant than a mirror finish due to fingerprints, but I real,y don't know if that's the case.