• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

4 hours ago, BeeZee said:

Georg Jensen...I like Scandinavian design for tableware. Simple, sculptural, functional.

I have some dishes from that designer. Love them and way too expensive for a restaurant. I'll check out the flatware though.

Now, not that this is a democracy or anything, but let me show you another I've been looking at that actually addresses some of the comments that have been made. I found that last round immensely helpful so let's roll the dice again...

KayaBlackPearl.jpg.3549048043baaaa25772c0a8d13026a1.jpg

Its called Kaya Black Pearl cutlery and is a black stainless. Stays on the plate. Has some girth. Stylish but hopefully not annoyingly so. 

ETA: Read reviews on Amazon and these are an absolute no-go. Scratching issues.

gfron1

gfron1

3 hours ago, BeeZee said:

Georg Jensen...I like Scandinavian design for tableware. Simple, sculptural, functional.

I have some dishes from that designer. Love them and way too expensive for a restaurant. I'll check out the flatware though.

Now, not that this is a democracy or anything, but let me show you another I've been looking at that actually addresses some of the comments that have been made. I found that last round immensely helpful so let's roll the dice again...

KayaBlackPearl.jpg.3549048043baaaa25772c0a8d13026a1.jpg

Its called Kaya Black Pearl cutlery and is a black stainless. Stays on the plate. Has some girth. Stylish but hopefully not annoyingly so.