• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

left/right mix up

The demographic of your expected clientele may be a factor. I have small hand and some grip issues so prefer smaller and smoother but sturdy. Right image bugs me,  left  one is my preference.  These just happen to be in my kitchen. I also agree that the food is the focus not tableware although you've been to places like Vespertine where the "experience" is the focus. Plus people tend to "walk away" cool stuff...

flatware.JPG

heidih

heidih

The demographic of your expected clientele may be a factor. I have small hand and some grip issues so prefer smaller and smoother but sturdy. Left iimage bugs me,  right one is my preference.  These just happen to be in my kitchen. I also agree that the food is the focus not tableware although you've been to places like Vespertine where the "experience" is the focus. Plus people tend to "walk away" cool stuff...

flatware.JPG