• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

I got some take-out from this Mexican-food-styled restaurant this afternoon, and was HORRIFIED to see them getting on this all-kale-all-the-time train in the chiles rellenos:

And then I wondered, is greens in chiles rellenos a *thing*?   I grew up in Colorado, and have never seen anything like it, myself.  But, it's not like I've eaten everything, everywhere, and it's not the native cuisine of my growing-up home. 

Anybody with authority?  Anybody?  Chiles stuffed with cheese and KALE?

IMG_1537.jpg

SLB

SLB

I got some take-out from this Mexican-food-styled restaurant this afternoon, and was HORRIFIED to see them getting on this all-kale-all-the-time train in the chiles rellenos:

IMG_1537.jpg.aaa5b76351620c22df4177ea07cf877a.jpg

And then I wondered, is greens in chiles rellenos a *thing*?   I grew up in Colorado, and have never seen anything like it, myself.  But, it's not like I've eaten everything, everywhere, and it's not the native cuisine of my growing-up home. 

IMG_1537.jpg

SLB

SLB

IMG_1537.jpg.aaa5b76351620c22df4177ea07cf877a.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg