• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

tasting notes

1 hour ago, keychris said:

I'm a fan of the Felchlin 88%, but almost every non-chocolate obsessed person I've given some to taste has not liked it ("It's too dark")

I know, most people who claim to like dark chocolate are perfectly happy with 60%.  But I have one friend who keeps bugging me about something super dark that fits his Keto diet (though he might get the cheese Easter egg instead). 

Have you had the 88% recently enough that you can recall any tasting notes?  Spicy, raisiny, citrusy, etc?  What other flavors would you pair it with?

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

58 minutes ago, keychris said:

I'm a fan of the Felchlin 88%, but almost every non-chocolate obsessed person I've given some to taste has not liked it ("It's too dark")

I know, most people who claim to like dark chocolate are perfectly happy with 60%.  But I have one friend who keeps bugging me about something super dark that fits his Keto diet (though he might get the cheese Easter egg instead).