• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

COURGETTE_BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES

Kasia

COURGETTE_BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES

When I ask my son what I should prepare for dinner, you can be sure as hell he wants pancakes or crepes. He isn't a typical guy. He doesn't like meat. He likes groats, rice, potatoes, vegetables and salads, and he leaves the meat to the end. When I was a child I was the opposite. First, I ate what I liked the least so that I could relish my favourite dish.

Today I would like to share with you a recipe inspired by my son's taste. I recommend courgette-buckwheat pancakes, which I served with horseradish dip on a natural yoghurt base.

The recipe comes from Lidl cookery book.

Ingredients:
100g of buckwheat groats
1 onion
300g of courgette
2 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of minced parsley
150g of 18% cream
1 teaspoon of baking powder
4 tablespoons of flour
2 eggs
salt and pepper

Wash the courgette, grate it, add salt, stir, leave for 15 minutes and then drain it. Boil the buckwheat groats until they are soft (not al dente). Dice the onion and crush the garlic. Mix the groats, eggs, parsley and onion. Add the drained courgette, cream, garlic and spice up the mixture with salt and pepper. Mix everything together. Fry the small pancakes in heated oil. Serve the hot pancakes with cold horseradish dip.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0315a.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram