• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Eliminate a stray J

Paris is so last week! This week I am winging my way to Seattle for the Northwest Chocolate Festival. EZtemper has a booth and I will be doing a tempering demo as part of the show on Sunday.

This evening I will hike on over (make that Uber on over) to Indi Chocolate in Pike's Place to show them how to use the new to them enrober for their Selmi.

@Alleguede was to have been with me this am but last night when the email inviting me to check in for my flight arrived I noticed it said we were flying via Atlanta rather than Minneapolis - and leaving two hours earlier! Apparently the Minneapolis route was dropped in September but it didn't occur to Delta to mention it to us! Poor Amir at Delta customer service seemed a little surprised at the language coming out of Dr Beal's mouth. 

Anyway - @Alleguede was not going to make it for a 10:30 departure and is not attending the Unconference anyway so we were able to switch him to a flight tomorrow which actually worked out better as far as his business goes. 

So so here I sit in the Plaza Premium lounge in Pearson terminal 3. It's a pay as you go lounge as Delta doesn't have a lounge here - but my credit card gives me some lounge passes. 

Breakfast, such as it is, at least they cook the eggs for you when you ask.

IMG_7451.thumb.JPG.156dd0cfb73da08b5f86525135690d2c.JPG

Don't be horrified by the ketchup with the eggs! 

I'm doing the high protein breakfast and lunch today and the high carb dinner. I have two cups of tea and a latte in my belly - then no more caffeine until tomorrow. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Paris is so last week! This week I am winging my way to Seattle for the Northwest Chocolate Festival. EZtemper has a booth and I will be doing a tempering demo as part of the show on Sunday.

This evening I will hike on over (make that Uber on over) to Indi Chocolate in Pike's Place to show them how to use the new to them enrober for their Selmi.

@Alleguede was to have been with me this am but last night when the email inviting me to check in for my flight arrived I noticed it said we were flying via Atlanta rather than Minneapolis - and leaving two hours earlier! Apparently the Minneapolis route was dropped in September but it didn't occur to Delta to mention it to us! Poor Amir at Delta customer service seemed a little surprised at the language coming out of Dr Beal's mouth. 

Anyway - @Alleguede was not going to make it for a 10:30 departure and is not attending the Unconference anyway so we were able to switch him to a flight tomorrow which actually worked out better as far as his business goes. 

So so here I sit in the Plaza Premium lounge in Pearson terminal 3. It's a pay as you go lounge as Delta doesn't have a lounge here - but my credit card gives me some lounge passes. 

Breakfast, such as it is, at least they cook the eggs for you when you ask.

IMG_7451.thumb.JPG.156dd0cfb73da08b5f86525135690d2c.JPG

Don't be horrified by the ketchup with the eggs! 

J

I'm doing the high protein breakfast and lunch today and the high carb dinner. I have two cups of tea and a latte in my belly - then no more caffeine until tomorrow.