• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

better wording ...

On 11/25/2016 at 7:45 AM, DiggingDogFarm said:

... but I do follow the weekly flyers online.

LIke Martin, I have a folder in my browser bookmarks with links to view all of the markets that I shop at (nope, Aldi isn't in there :P).  I mostly look for meat prices and soda prices. The major exception to that is in the springtime when I look for loss-leader deep discounts on BBQ sauces and Lawry's marinades and such. We go through a lot of these in my spring ren faire kitchen and, since the feast budget is fixed, every penny I save on these items lets me buy better quality meat and produce.

Porthos

Porthos

On 11/25/2016 at 7:45 AM, DiggingDogFarm said:

... but I do follow the weekly flyers online.

LIke Martin, I have a folder in my bookmarks with links to view all of the markets that I shop at on-line (nope, Aldi isn't in there :P).  I mostly look for meat prices and soda prices. The major exception to that is in the springtime when I look for loss-leader deep discounts on BBQ sauces and Lawry's marinades and such. We go through a lot of these in my spring ren faire kitchen and, since the feast budget is fixed, every penny I save on these items lets me buy better quality meat and produce.