• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

better wording ...

On 11/25/2016 at 7:45 AM, DiggingDogFarm said:

... but I do follow the weekly flyers online.

LIke Martin, I have a folder in my browser bookmarks with links to view all of the markets that I shop at (nope, Aldi isn't in there :P).  I mostly look for meat prices and soda prices. The major exception to that is in the springtime when I look for loss-leader deep discounts on BBQ sauces and Lawry's marinades and such. We go through a lot of these in my spring ren faire kitchen and, since the feast budget is fixed, every penny I save on these items lets me buy better quality meat and produce.

Porthos

Porthos

On 11/25/2016 at 7:45 AM, DiggingDogFarm said:

... but I do follow the weekly flyers online.

LIke Martin, I have a folder in my bookmarks with links to view all of the markets that I shop at on-line (nope, Aldi isn't in there :P).  I mostly look for meat prices and soda prices. The major exception to that is in the springtime when I look for loss-leader deep discounts on BBQ sauces and Lawry's marinades and such. We go through a lot of these in my spring ren faire kitchen and, since the feast budget is fixed, every penny I save on these items lets me buy better quality meat and produce.