• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, FauxPas said:

Where do they suggest positioning the rack for toast? I don't even know where my manual is anymore (doing some kitchen re-organizing). I put the rack somewhere in the middle for making toast, but my husband prefers to lower it when he makes toast. 

As an aside, I love steam-roasting new potatoes or baby potatoes in the CSO. Somewhere between 300 and 400F, depending on size and time up to 60 mins, again depending on size. 

I am not even going to attempt to explain rack positions.  Tried it once before here and everybody proved me wrong.  The manual is freely available online so if you can understand the photographs there is an explanation of rack positions. 

Link to the manual

Here

Anna N

Anna N

Where do they suggest positioning the rack for toast? I don't even know where my manual is anymore (doing some kitchen re-organizing). I put the rack somewhere in the middle for making toast, but my husband prefers to lower it when he makes toast. 

As an aside, I love steam-roasting new potatoes or baby potatoes in the CSO. Somewhere between 300 and 400F, depending on size and time up to 60 mins, again depending on size. 

I am not even going to attempt to explain rack positions.  Tried it once before here and everybody proved me wrong.  The manual is freely available online so if you can understand the photographs there is an explanation of rack positions. 

Link to the manual for the latest model 

Here

Anna N

Anna N