• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Toasteroid

Toliver

The Toasteroid...It's a crowdfunded toaster (the crowdfunding part is over) that allows you to "print" designs on your toast through an app.

Here's their sales pitch on YouTube:  "Toasteroid Campaign Video"

Art as food...though the toast looks like it needs a little more toasting, IMHO. :B

• Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I have a basic fear of a product that ends in the letters "roid"  Add "toaster" and it gets scary.  I'm sure it will be a hot seller for a short while and within a year GoodWill will have stacks of them next to all the other once trick pony appliances.  Now if it made a decent piece of basic toast, it might survive but even that doesn't seem to be the case here.  

One use however.  for couple who are mad at each other and not speaking, cryptic messages might be left on their toast.  I can see sitting down to breakfast and reading...GET OUT or DROP DEAD between the blobs of jelly.  Or the old classic, YOU'RE TOAST

• Like 7

In my morning musings, I figured this might be good for a family that has kids. Extra incentive to eat their meals/sandwiches...

edited to add:

This reminded me of the ancient eG thread "The Toast-N-Serve Magic Bag"

Edited by Toliver (log)
  • Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver