• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

daveb

daveb

Stupid smart phone.

I do banquet/carving station tenderloins at a charity event every year.   Bath at 131F for 3 hours for Tloin.  (1 hr/inch)  I would do, have done, prime rib 5-6 hours.  I would not have bones attached for SV, any value they add would be negligible.  Be careful on sear to not overcook the inside.  If stored in hot box, ensure the box temp is 130 or  less to not overcook the inside.  (I won't tell).

A small number of your guests will probably ask for slices that are "more done".  Easiest way to accomadate is to divide your 10# into a 5# bag, and two 2 1/2 # bags.  At the end of the bath bump it up to 135ish and leave one of the 2 1/2# bags in for another hour.  Sear everyone at once. 

Pic of inside of tenderloin, 3 hours @ 131F.

2015-05-08 20.59.33.jpg

daveb

daveb

I do banquet/carving station tenderloins at a charity event every year.   Bath at 131F for 3 hours for Tloin.  (1 hr/inch)  I would do, have done, prime rib 5-6 hours.  I would not have bones attached for SV, any value they add would be negligible.  Be careful on sear to not overcook the inside.  If stored in hot box, ensure the box temp is 130 or  less to not overcook the inside.  (I won't tell).

A small number of your guests will probably ask for slices that are "more done".  Easiest way to accomadate is to divide your 10# into a 5# bag, and two 2 /12 # bags.  At the end of the bath bump it up to 135ish and leave one of the 2 1/2# bags in for another hour.  Sear everyone at once. 

2015-05-08 20.59.33.jpg

daveb

daveb

I do banquet/carving station tenderloins at a charity event every year.   Bath at 131F for 3 hours for Tloin.  (1 hr/inch)  I would do, have done, prime rib 5-6 hours.  I would not have bones attached for SV, any value they add would not be negligible.  Be careful on sear to not overcook the inside.  If stored in hot box ensure the temp is 130 or  less to not overcook the inside.  (I won't tell).

A small number of your guests will probably ask for slices that are "more done".  Easiest way to accomadate is to divide your 10# into a 5# bag, and two 2 /12 # bags.  At the end of the bath bump it up to 135ish and leave one of the 2 1/2# bags in for another hour.  Sear everyone at once. 

2015-05-08 20.59.33.jpg

daveb

daveb

I do banquet/carving station tenderloins at a charity event every year.   Bath at 131F for 3 hours for Tloin.  (1 hr/inch)  do prime rib 5-6 hours.  I would not have bones attached for SV, any value they add would not be negligible.  Be careful on sear to not overcook the inside. 

2015-05-08 20.59.33.jpg