• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

clarification

Hi, I once had the very same problem but with an entire (rather large) master bathroom white marble countertop.  It was not only scarred, but stained as well. I called a professional marble installer and to my amazement, he restored the entire countertop to "like new" condition in just a few hours. It was not terribly expensive but the cost was born by the renters via a reduction in the deposit. (From experience, I've learned to take extensive "before and after" photos to prove damage caused by renters -  don't even get me started on the renters who somehow cracked numerous ceramic floor tiles in another property).  Good luck, I'm confident that you can get your counter restored :)

kbjesq

kbjesq

Hi, I once had the very same problem but with an entire (rather large) master bathroom white marble countertop.  It was not only scarred, but stained as well. I called a professional marble installer and to my amazement, he restored the entire countertop to "like new" condition in just a few hours. It was not terribly expensive but the cost was born by the renters via a reduction in the deposit. (From experience, I've learned to take extensive "before and after" photos due to damage caused by renters -  don't even get me started on the renters who somehow cracked numerous ceramic floor tiles in another property).  Good luck, I'm confident that you can get your counter restored :)