• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Saltychoc

Saltychoc

word change

I'm working on a beer ganache for local brewery events. I'm using two beers - a 7% ipa with citrus and malt notes and a ~5% lemon/blueberry sour. Currently I'm experimenting with decanting and freezing the beer and then thawing it in a funnel over a deli container - much like you would citrus juice. I've been able to remove some of the water content. Planning to boil and reduce the ipa and use either as part of a caramel or with jivara for a malted flavor profile. Reduce the blueberry/lemon a bit further via boiling and then do a white chocolate cream. Probably just a 2 week shelf life.

Saltychoc

Saltychoc

word change

I'm working on a beer ganache for local brewery events. I'm using two beers - a 7% ipa with citrus and malt notes and a ~5% lemon/blueberry sour. Currently I'm experimenting with decanting and freezing the beer and then thawing it in a funnel over a deli container - much like you would citrus juice. I've been able to remove some of the water content. Planning to boil and reduce the ipa and use either as part of a caramel or with jivara for a malted flavor profile. Reduce the blueberry/lemon as much as I can with the freezing method and then a bit further via boiling and then do a white chocolate cream. Probably just a 2 week shelf life.

Saltychoc

Saltychoc

word change

I'm working on a beer ganache for local brewery events. I'm using two beers - a 7% ipa with citrus and malt notes and a 5% lemon/blueberry sour. Currently I'm experimenting with decanting and freezing the beer and then thawing it in a funnel over a deli container - much like you would citrus juice. I've been able to remove some of the water content and I'm on the next freeze/thaw cycle now. It will, of course, reach a point where it will not freeze because of the alcohol. Planning to boil and reduce the ipa and use either as part of a caramel or with jivara for a malted flavor profile. Reduce the blueberry/lemon as much as I can with the freezing method and then a bit further via boiling and then do a white chocolate cream. Probably just a 2 week shelf life.

Saltychoc

Saltychoc

I'm working on a beer ganache for local brewery events. I'm using two beers - a 7% ipa with citrus and malt notes and a 5% lemon/blueberry sour. Currently I'm experimenting with decanting and freezing the beer and then thawing it in a funnel over a deli container - much like you would citrus juice. I've been able to remove 1/2 of the water content and I'm on the next freeze/thaw cycle now. It will, of course, reach a point where it will not freeze because of the alcohol. Planning to boil and reduce the ipa and use either as part of a caramel or with jivara for a malted flavor profile. Reduce the blueberry/lemon as much as I can with the freezing method and then a bit further via boiling and then do a white chocolate cream. Probably just a 2 week shelf life.