• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

13 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

More juice doesn't always equate with better.

But I love Valentia oranges.  My juicer is mainly used for limes, but I use essentially every day.

True.  Some juicers will exert enough pressure to extract bitterness from the pith as well as the juice.  Most if not all of commercially made orange juice is like that.  Fortunately the Sunkist juicer extracts more juice by using a reamer instead of pressure and does not have that issue.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

But I love Valentia oranges.  My juicer is mainly used for limes, but I use essentially every day.

True.  Some juicers will exert enough pressure to extract bitterness from the pith as well as the juice.  Most if not all of commercially made orange juice are like that.  Fortunately the Sunkist juicer extracts more juice by using a reamer instead of pressure and does not have that issue.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

True.  Some juicers will exert enough pressure to extract bitterness from the pith as well as the juice.  Most if not all of commercially made juice are like that.  Fortunately the Sunkist juicer extracts more juice by using a reamer instead of pressure and does not have that issue.