• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

typo

17 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I may be missing something, but why not use a bowl?

18 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I have tried that, actually.  But I guess my sink isn't smooth enough?  Or the water and what is soaking moves it slightly?  But the leak still happens.

I may be completely off-base but I thought @JoNorvelleWalker was suggesting washing greens in a bowl rather than the sink.  For salads, I use the bowl from the salad spinner.  For larger amounts, I might use a stock-pot or a larger tub. I do this because it often takes less water than filling up the whole sink and it's easier for me to dump the water on outdoor plants. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

17 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I may be missing something, but why not use a bowl?

3 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I have tried that, actually.  But I guess my sink isn't smooth enough?  Or the water and what is soaking moves it slightly?  But the leak still happens.

I may be completely off-base but I though @JoNorvelleWalker was suggesting washing greens in a bowl rather than the sink.  For salads, I use the bowl from the salad spinner.  For larger amounts, I might use a stock-pot or a larger tub. I do this because it often takes less water than filling up the whole sink and it's easier for me to dump the water on outdoor plants.