• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CineSpace

hollywood

From the LA Weekly re Monkeymay's new place opening very soon:

At the opening fete for CINESPACE, the futuristic, Blade Runner-esque digital theater-meets-supper club, the bathroom's clear-glass front door freaked out some of the shyer ladies in the house, even though there were private stalls. Of course, the see-through entrance didn't even faze the dudes, who had more to worry about, since you really could watch 'em doing their business. That's one way to get discovered in Hollywood.

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

The windows have been frosted now. :biggrin:

CineSpace will be opening Jan. 4. 2002 with a screening of the documentary,"American Pimp" by the Hughes Brothers.

Reservations for dining in the theater are required, screenings will start

at 7:30.

Call 323.817.3456 for more info.

Thanks, everyone.

Gotta run.

Monkey

p.s. the new egullet looks very groovy indeed!

We need to find courage, overcome

Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

I'm trying not to, but unfortunately they're the only ones applying in this town - you know everyone here really is an actress or a model - regular human beings are kind of hard to find. :wink:

We need to find courage, overcome

Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

The windows have been frosted now. :biggrin:

CineSpace will be opening Jan. 4. 2002 with a screening of the documentary,"American Pimp" by the Hughes Brothers.

Reservations for dining in the theater are required, screenings will start

at 7:30.

Call 323.817.3456 for more info.

Thanks, everyone.

Gotta run.

Monkey

p.s. the new egullet looks very groovy indeed!

Good luck!

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

I hope this does not blow Monkey May's anonymity, but congrats on the Daily Candy mention!

Monkey May, when were you cooking at North? Will the food at Cinespace be similar, or a bit fancier? I live right up from North (in Laurel Canyon) and eat there a lot! Very good bar food! (Shrimp scampi, nite club, and tuna burger are my faves.)

Cinespace sounds very cool, indeed. I will check it out soon! :smile: