• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mojo De Ajo

DanM

Fish al mojo de ajo is one of my favorite dishes, but one I have yet to learn to make. I am sure there are a thousand ways to make it, so I was curious how people make it. What else do you serve it with besides fish?

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

I use Bayless's recipe: http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=244

Since it's basically just garlic and olive oil, it goes with damn near everything and I often use it to kick up a dish when the flavors are a bit flat. Personally, I tend to use it more as an ingredient than a sauce as I'm not a huge fan of having my food sit in a pool of oil, no matter how tasty that oil might be.

I love taking an exceedingly large scoop of the mashed garlic and adding it to a batch of refried beans.