• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trotter's and Trio lately

Steve Plotnicki

i wished they allowed alcohol in the computer lab where i am right now.

awbrig: i don't think that i'd be too weirded out if trotter announced that i had just eaten, say, giraffe penis; i'm pretty sure that i've already had every part of a quadraped, and when it's been fresh, i've enjoyed it.

suvir: have you seen "red dragon?" it was surprisingly good for a brett ratner movie, but i prefer michael mann's earlier version, "manhunter."

"Get yourself in trouble."

--Chuck Close

Truth:  Charlie is very very intelligent and soft spoken - you already knew that - and very very kind.  He called my Mother on a Saturday -  the night after she dined  one night - and talked with her for about 1/2 hour about everything - my Mom tells me - my Mother absolutely loves Charlie...and so do we all... :smile:

What did they talk about?

The business or the pleasure part of CT and your relationship? Are both very interesting? Or one more so than the other?

Seriously, that does sound very kind. How often does your mom get to eat at CT? What are her feelings about the food? What are some of her favorite dishes? How much time did it take for her to get used to the food at CT?

OK, charlie trotter was in "my best friend's wedding" with julia roberts who was also in "ocean's eleven" with andy garcia who was also in "the godfather, part iii" with al pacino who was also in "heat" directed by michael mann who also directed "manhunter." there. do i need to connect "manhunter" to "red dragon" to complete the trotter connection, or what?

"Get yourself in trouble."

--Chuck Close

What a handsome face your mother has.

How flattering!?! I'll pass that along to my Mom...My mothers face is puffy due to her medication- she has a heart transplant...

Handsome in old english parlance is actually quite a compliment.

It was only used for women that had great character. Women that had great dignity, beauty, measure of confidence and an aura about their person.

So take it as you will Awbrig, but the poet inside me saw all of those in her grand face... and so I gave her a compliment as I know how to.

Sorry if it does not meet your American English standards.. But for my trainiing in India. Handsome for a woman is a great compliment.

Since most women were called beautiful, only a few were given that pleasure of being considered handsome.

In some old English poetry you will find grand poets use it to give us visuals about women that commanded respect and power as being handsome.

I wish your mom every happiness and strength to fight any all things she faces. She is beautiful in American English... and special no matter what language one speak in.

I am sorry my easy grasp with English in the English sense can often betray me. :sad:

oops so soory you dont take that last post as an offense...Im just touchy on protecting my Mom...

I would be the same. She has a winning smile. And a grand presence. I am sure you are protective.. But she seems one that has little to worry about. She seems like one with great measure of strength and a presence that cannot be ignored easily. She looks like she owns that restaurant in those pics. Are you sure you are not CT? :smile:

well,

when you put it like that.... :smile:

Thank you very much for those thoughts Suvir. Someone that says nice things about my mother or my wife I remember forever. I appreciate that. Still no free trip from NY though :raz:

I hope you get to meet my mother someday, she is quite an amazing person...

well,

Thank you very much for those thoughts Suvir.  Someone that says nice things about my mother or my wife I remember forever.  I appreciate that.  Still no free trip from NY though :raz:

I can get my own ticket to Chicago Awbrig.

And your mother has great presence. In fact if you have half as much presence as she does, you will be a great success someday. :wink:

Now try and get some beauty sleep. Maybe you can wake up next year...? :shock:

How are the truffles coming along? When do you start rolling them?

Did you take some pictures for your thread? Since the day has already begun officially.

well,

Thank you very much for those thoughts Suvir.  Someone that says nice things about my mother or my wife I remember forever.  I appreciate that.  Still no free trip from NY though :raz:

I can get my own ticket to Chicago Awbrig.

And your mother has great presence. In fact if you have half as much presence as she does, you will be a great success someday. :wink:

Now try and get some beauty sleep. Maybe you can wake up next year...? :shock:

How are the truffles coming along? When do you start rolling them?

Did you take some pictures for your thread? Since the day has already begun officially.

well, at least Im not double posting! :laugh:

CHocoalte still in fridge and eGullet Reality TV still on schedule for tomorrow...im going to try and do some fun things for you all, including stills of my Fear Factor tape, my wine cellar, my cook book collection, my spice rack... :smile: all sorts of exciting stuff! :raz: noone will tune in except for you and 201, everyone knows that...

Edited by awbrig (log)