• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Genaveh

Lior

Well, what did the chocolates taste like to you?

They certainly have a huge selection for sale and lots of catalogs, etc, not to mention an outlet in Dubai. But are they any good?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

well, to be honest I began wondering if I can assess someone else's chocolates! Is it personal taste? Time of the day? My mood? You know how one time even a cup of coffee can taste like the best whereas at another time it is just okay?

Well me thoughts-

Ginger-I liked it very much-that nice hot gingery taste came through.

Mint- didn't enjoy-too minty or earthy as well

Coffee- okay kind of weird cause the shell bottom and then sides cracked off. The whole bottom came off!

Tiramisu - okay

Flowers-nice

the others were good but the ganache seemed very heavy to me. I usually prefer a dense ganache but these seemed maybe too dense and heavy.

They are "all natural" and yet have a shelf life of 3 months at temp of 14-22. Some have a 6 month shelf life. I do not know how this is accomplished.

Personal taste cannot really be measured can it?

It appears to be a huge company with a terrific output, but I found quite a lot of the presentations not to my liking. But then I too have strong likes and dislikes.

Perhaps you are the only one who has tasted their confections. I wonder if they are a new company? I'll go back and look.

ps. Should add that I do not like milk chocolate and never have.

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.