• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ceili Cottage has the Full Irish in!

jenc

I mean, was anyone else anticipating this like I've been? Or is it just me?

Full Irish = banger, rasher, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, grilled tomato, potato farl, fried egg

Some intro and extro in the blog post, but really:

Of everything on the plate, the banger was best executed – juicy, lightly spiced, and a strong pork flavour. Really quite excellent. The rashers and mushrooms were decent – tasty, nothing too remarkable. Bonus taste-points go to the roasted tomato – a really nice savoury/umami hit. I found the pancake-like potato farl a good item to help wipe my plate clean. But my personal favourite were the beans. They reminded me of when I was a kid and the breakfasts my dad used to make for me. Not that we’re Irish. The beans were tasty enough that I stole strays from a neighbouring plate. I loved each bite – especially when I could mix in some of the runny yolk from the fried egg.

One niggly bit. While most people won’t eat blood sausage anyway, we were sad to see it was over-cooked and mealy. We’d had a really delicious example of it recently at Earth, so this was in stark contrast. Hope that they can fix that, since the rest? Well, it’s really awesome.

4185854709_f6ae71323d.jpg

More at the blog post on Ceili Cottage's Full Irish

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com