• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Essential tool for French travel

jaybee

Let's hope you've learned what not to say and stay out of trouble. :biggrin:

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

My wife's first language is Spanish and just from the "endearments" she uses to let me know how I'm doing :biggrin: I've developed a rich vocabularly which I sometimes use with abandon when I'm around people who are immune to their sting. Once in a while I slip as when a cab driver in Puerto Rico cuts me off for instance. Fortunately I'm a good driver and fast when I need to make a getaway.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

Let's hope you've learned what not to say and stay out of trouble.  :biggrin:

Reminds me of a funny experience-- When in a magasin biologique (health food store) in the South of France, I inquired as to whether a certain product was without "preservatifs" but the actual expression should have been "agents de conservation". The first word means condoms!! How embarrassing!!