• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brie Stuffed Jacket Potatoes

s'kat

Brie Stuffed Jacket Potatoes

Serves 2 as Side.

In an internet quest for the recipe for Brie-mashed potatoes, I came upon these little gems. I was only baking for two, so only used two potatoes, however, I forgot to scale down the remaining ingredients, which were slated to feed four (using 4 potatoes). My husband and I both agreed that these were the best things upon the plate tonight. From igourmet.com.

• 2 baked potatoes
  • 3 oz brie cheese, de-rinded,room temp
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 oz butter, room temp
  • freshly chopped chives

Slice off the top of each potato and scoop out the flesh, leaving behind a potato skin jacket ready for filling.

Mix together potato flesh, Brie, salt, egg yolk and butter. Beat until well mixed, and return mixture to potato skins.

Place upon a baking sheet, or preferably a baking stone.

Put into a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes, or until filling is golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped chives.

Keywords: Side, Easy, Potatoes

( RG308 )