• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making Fizzy fruit juice, cider

zoe b

On another forum that I belong to, an Australian member posted about Oz Tops

http://www.oztops.com.au/

She's been using them to ferment/carbonate fruit juices--sort of like making hard cider. They sound really delicious. I love hard cider--made some perfect hard cider one time accidentally by leaving a jug of cider on the porch--the highs & lows of temp were just right to make a sparkling, fizzy, delicious drink--I've always wanted to be able to replicate this.

Oz Tops is having trouble exporting to the US--because of the wine yeast that's part of the kit--so dumb, but whatever...

I'd love to be able to try this--there's an American company selling a similar item EZ Caps

www.ezcaps.com/

has anyone tried them?

I also found a lot of sources for wine yeast online, and i think there's a hobby brewing store not too far away from me to buy refills of the yeast.

Zoe