• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Seafood or Gormet Restaurant

Lemons

This Friday my sister is closing on the sale of her home and would like to take my wife and me out to celebrate and thank us for our help during the process. She is leaving the place up to us but has told me that she would like it to be a "special occasion".

My wife has limited taste and I am just the opposite. I used to go to Bellisimo's in Little Falls when I worked in the area but I understand that it is closed. My wife does like lobster so a restaurant like the Sea Shack in Hackensack would work but it’s a little too far for my sister to drive. (We are meeting her at the restaurant) She is in her mid 70's and doesn't like to drive very far so I would like it to be close to the Pompton Plains/Wayne area or at least not too far off route 23.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is a byo....has been very soild for us especially with seafood. The service has never been perfect, but the sauces coming out of the kitchen more than make up for it

http://www.villamadridrestaurant.com/

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association