• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wild leeks, Ramps or Allium tricoccum

adey73

Ok my American chums, you're all ready to start celebrating our family breakdown when you left the nest, upset your mother and trashed your bedroom. We forgive you.

So instead of paying all that back income tax you owe HM Treasury, could someone give me an idea of where I can get hold of some of your Wild leeks/Ramps/Allium tricoccum bulbs that could be posted to UK? (anyone got a site that will post international?)

think of it as reparations :biggrin:

Ok my American chums, you're all ready to start celebrating our family breakdown when you left the nest, upset your mother and trashed your bedroom. We forgive you.

So instead of paying all that back income tax you owe HM Treasury, could someone give me an idea of where I can get hold of some of your Wild leeks/Ramps/Allium tricoccum bulbs that could be posted to UK? (anyone got a site that will post international?)

think of it as reparations  :biggrin:

As someone who celebrates July 1 not July 4, I feel like I never really moved out and I can still have my old room back if I want.

Are you looking for bulbs to plant for next year?

The only online place for leeks that I know of is Earthy Delights.

Ramps are hard to come by here - you pretty much need to forage, or place an order with someone who does.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack