• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Berlin Caterer

Hi,

I'm looking for a caterer for a Berlin-area wedding (about 100 ppl). I've lived in Berlin for a while and while there are many places I like, I do have difficulties with the restaurant scene overall. I'm having trouble finding someone who isn't really German in their approach/concept. Everything seems to be overly elaborated fussy food, which isn't very good or almost too casual - mediocre potato salad, blah grilled meat, etc. We are doing a pig roast (!) so I'm looking for someone to fill in the important gaps - salads, sides, cake, etc. I want who understands California-style (for lack of a better word) -- ingredient-focused food that is good because it's made with really good ingredients (ie, someone who would never dream of Insalata Caprese outside peak tomato season). I know this is somewhat of a specific request, but would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions!

vielen Dank!