• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In & around Mosel-Saar-Ruwar

A friend and I are going to Germany to visit my sister the first two weeks of April - she's just moved to Bitburg and she's not much of a foodie. We plan to spend some time exploring wine in the Mosel region (also plan to hit Stuttgart, Strasbourg, and maybe Reims or Dijon). I could use some recommendations for restaurants in the Mosel region -- I'm interested in great cheap eats, breakfast spots / cafes, and meal-of-a-lifetime places, too.

Thanks --

Shaun

As meal-of-a-lifetime place I would definitely consider "Waldhotel Sonnora" in Dreis near Wittlich, just north of Trier. Helmut Thieltges is the most humble of all German three star chefs, the place is a real hideaway in the middle of the forest and the food simply out of this world.