• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Land Connection's RampFest 2008

For those of you who are interested in local produce, there's an event coming up you might like. The Land Connection, a Chicago non-profit focused on increasing access to organic and local produce, training organic farmers, and preserving farmland, is having its annual gala on March 28th at Prairie Production at 1314 Randolph St. in Chicago.

The event will feature ramp-based creations by Blackbird, 312 Chicago, Vie, Lula, and Va Pensiero, and costs $75 a person at 7 pm. If you are interested in an additional cocktail hour (Aronia martinis) and time with restaurant staff, the cost would be $120, starting at 6 pm. Parking is free on the street. We will also have a live and silent auction which includes some nifty items, like a beer and cheese class at Goose Island by brewmaster Greg Hall, a wine of the month club subscription, a fall season pie subscription, a cheesemaking day and farm lunch, and other fun things.

Tickets are available on TLC's website. I'm on staff at this organization and I think it's going to be a blast, maybe I'll get to meet some of you finally!