• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Winstead's Tech Support

Holly Moore

Can anyone tell me which Winstead's location this is.  Calvin, you out there?

gallery_14_356_1065.jpg

Well, Holly, I'm not Calvin, but I have eaten at that Winstead's for about 50 years. It's on East 47th Street, right off Main at Grand in KC. Haven't eaten there so much in the last few years, it's not quite what it used to be.

Edited by maftoul (log)

Thank ya kindly, maftoul.

My first trip to Winstead's was in the late 60's, having read about it in American Fried on the flight from Chicago to KC. I hadn't been back til now and agree. If this is representative, Winstead's ain't what it used to be.

Arthur Bryant's, on the other hand, was every bit as good as I remember it from their old location.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Thank ya kindly, maftoul.

My first trip to Winstead's was in the late 60's, having read about it in American Fried on the flight from Chicago to KC.  I hadn't been back til now and agree.  If this is representative, Winstead's ain't what it used to be. 

Arthur Bryant's, on the other hand, was every bit as good as I remember it from their old location.

Are you back in KC, Holly? You never wrote up your last visit. :rolleyes:

Or is that what you are doing currently?

Edited by bbqboy (log)