• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great new place in Concord, MA

kelly001

This place opened in the past couple of months and it is a true gem. Farfalle specializes in refined and simple Italian food. They are all about the produce! They have made some outstanding choices regarding their ingredients and it shows. Their lunch and take-out menu changes daily. Soup and paninis are offered daily along with some other cooked dishes. Most dishes are cooked to order and very fresj. The emphasis is really on excellent produce over quantity. They are a tad bit more expensive than other places in town but worth every penny. It's so refreshing to see a place that cares so much about their craft. These people are proud and serious about their cooking.

The small market also offers wine, cheese, dried meats, pastas, etc.

I had lunch at Farfalle Italian Market today. It is a very nice little place, but seating is quite limited with just five small tables. For food service, it is much more geared to take out. It is a great place to have lunch with a friend, but not with a group of friends. On the market side of things, there is a good selection of Italian specialty items. The wine section seemed extensive, but was mostly Italian selections with which I am not familiar.

I had a paninni, which had been preassembled and was then grilled to order. It was excellent. My friend had a crostini and a huge bowl of mushroom soup. She though the soup broth was slightly lacking in depth, but quite good otherwise..

I will certainly be returning, but because of the limited menu selections, probably not very often. I hope that Farfelle has not chosen to small of a niche to survive.

Jim