• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: One of the best

Florida Jim

Pasta with eggplant, chicken, tomatoes and onions:

1999 Gilles Robin, Crozes Hermitage Cuvée Alberic Bouvet:

Probably my sixtieth or so bottle of this wine and it continues to improve and is one of the best syrahs I have tasted; initial funk on the nose that blows off to reveal bottle bouquet based in leather, olive, black pepper and deep red fruit scents; supple in the mouth with considerable complexity, flavors that echo the nose and morph into secondary and tertiary tastes, great acidity and a rounded texture that still seems to retain its focus; long, complex finish. Nearing the end of what I thought was an endless stash and this wine just keeps getting better. 13% alcohol, imported by Eric Solomon and ranged from $9-$20 on release; simply one of the best wines I ever had.

Outstanding with the dish.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com