• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

West Virginia Eats

star792

We are headed to West Virginia in a couple days in the Canaan Valley, Davis area. I have never been before and was hoping( fingers crossed) that I could get some good foodie recommendations. Any farm stands or markets, restaurants, and bbq joints worth looking at? I am not guessing there will be too much but I wanted to try....Thanks in advance!

"i saw a wino eating grapes and i was like, dude, you have to wait"- mitch hedburg

• 1 month later...

I grew up fishing in Davis and the Canaan Valley - not much there. At the foot of the hill is a couple of places - can't remember the name - they have a lake/pond right beside the place and it is right on themain road heading towards the lodge - you can't miss it - as far as anything else - NOT Much.